Introducing Lia, our 7th Wollyonline Team Member

1:45:00 AM

It's wonderful to be able to introduce Lia, our 7th Wollyonline Team Member : )

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Lia Borsje, I am 65 years old and live with my husband near The Hague in The Netherlands. Since 2008 we are pensioners. Because of my husbands work we have lived for 42 years all over the world. And we have had 5 children and now have 8 grandchildren.

How old were you when you started sewing?
I started sewing when a little girl with my grandmother

What started your sewing career?
As soon as our daughters were born I started sewing seriously

What was the first thing you made?
Living in Saudi Arabia I made a baby dress for my newborn

What are your favorite things to sew?
I have no favorite, as soon as I fall in love with a pattern I sew

What would you love to never ever sew again?
A baby sleeping bag

Who is/are the main recipient(s) of your sewn items?
My granddaughters

What is something that you always wanted to make but haven’t yet?
Nothing

What was your biggest sewing project to date?
Carnival outfit

What was the last thing you finished?
Denim dress

Were you happy with the result?
No not really, did not like the instructions that came with the pattern, I altered them and that was a lot of work

What was the last thing you had to throw out because it failed desperately?
Nothing

What was your first sewing machine?
1971 a Brother

What machines(s) do you use these days?
Pfaff

Which on is your favourite?
The Brother😊

What other crafts do you do?
Knitting, crochet, embroidery

Have a nice day,
Lia

You Might Also Like

0 comments