Introducing a new wollyonline Team Member, Sylvia : )

4:28:00 AM


Right when the weather is turning a bit 'blah' here in Holland, fall always is a very rainy experience, I get a very nice email with Sylvia asking me if she can become a Wollyonline Team Member... of course!

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Ik ben Sylvia, 49 jaar, wonend in de Achterhoek te Nederland. Moeder van 2 zonen 16 en 13 jaar.  Partime verkoopster in een kledingzaak.
I am Sylvia, 49 Years old, living in the Achterhoek in the Netherlands. Mother of 2 sons, 16 and 13 years old. Par-time sales assistance in a clothing store.

How old were you when you started sewing?
Ik zal een jaar of 8 zijn geweest, mijn moeder naaide al onze kleding, toen ik een keer vroeg of ik ook mocht naaien. Dat begon met een zoompje in een stofje.
I will have been eight years or so, my mother sewed all our clothes when I asked if I could sew. I started with hemming a piece of fabric.

What started your sewing career?
Mijn eerste project was een wasknijperzak.
My first project was a laundry peg bag.

What are youre favourite things to sew?
Op het moment poppenkleertjes. Soms ben ik langer bezig met patroon en stof uitzoeken dan het werkelijke naaien.
At the moment Doll Clothes, often it takes longer for me to search the right fabric and pattern than sewing it.

What would you love to never ever sew again?
Herstelwerkzaamheden.
Repairs.

Who is/are the main recipient(s) of your sewn items?
Poppenmoeders, (zoals ik zelf ooit was) en de kinderafdeling van het ziekenhuis.
Doll mothers, (as I was) and the children's ward in the hospital.

What is something that you always wanted to make but haven’t yet?
Niks.
Nothing.

What was your biggest sewing project to date?
In oppervlakte cm2... een dekbedhoes.
In surface area, square cm.... a duvet cover

What was the most important sewing project to date?
Poppenkleding voor de pop van een meisje die terminaal was.
Doll clothes for a doll that belonged to a little girl who didn't have long to live.

What was the last thing you finished?
Een poppen tuniek met legging en t-shirt.
A doll tunic with a legging and t-shirt.

Were you happy with the result?
Ja, elke keer weer is het leuk om van niets iets moois te maken.
Yes, it's always fun to make something out of nothing again.

What was the last thing you had to throw out because it failed desperately?
Een bodywarmer voor een pop.
A doll vest

Could it have been saved?
Vast wel, maar het voldeed niet aan mijn verwachtingen.
Certainly, but it did not meet my expectations.

What was your first sewing machine?
Mijn eerste en enige naaimachine is een Singer Euro'93. Gekregen op mijn 21e verjaardag van mijn moeder.
My first and only sewing machine is a Singer Euro'93. A birthday present from my mother on my 21st birthda.

Which one is your favorite
Als ik ooit een potje geld over heb een lockmachine en een nieuwe naaimachine. Welke... ga ik me dan in verdiepen.
If I ever have a lot of money left, a serger and a new sewing machine. Which one... I'm going to think about that when it happens.

What other crafts do you do?
Koken, haken, beetje breien en tuinieren.
Cooking, crochet, a little bit of knitting and gardening.

Groetjes,
Sylvia

You Might Also Like

0 comments