Wollyonline Heather Cat Doll, Clothes and Carrier Sewing Pattern

8:31:00 AM

The new Wollyonline Heather Cat Doll, Clothes and Cat Carrier sewing pattern is ready! This is a new type of pattern. Seam allowance is included and all sewing steps are explained with photographs.

Further, very important, the proceeds from the sales of the Wollyonline patterns benefit foster kittens in the Houston area. Please visit the Wolly Kitten Club for more information.


With this pattern you can make:
  • Heather Cat Doll, she is about 12" tall
  • T-shirt
  • Underpants
  • Reversible pinafore
  • Cat Coat
  • Scarf
  • Hat
  • Face mask
  • Cat Carrier/Bassinet
  • Mattress
  • Pillow
  • Blanket

All items are easy to create, except the coat, I would consider that more difficult. It's not that the coat is all that more difficult but I'm explaining it so that there are no exposed seams, it's filly lines, and that is a bit strange if you have never done that before. The Cat Carrier is surprisingly easy and quick to sew up.

I prefer to use FQ packs when I'm sewing these days and all items are FQ friendly. Even the Cat Carrier will fit on a Fat Quarter. A fat quarter pack gives you a nice stack of high quality fully coordinated fabrics and you simply cannot beat that in my view. The fabrics used for Heather and all her goodies is the FreeSpirit Cali set.

This is the first time I'm adding seam allowance to all pieces, this is a question that I have been asked a lot over the years, and I'm adding photos to display the sewing sequence. This is something that I really enjoyed and it's also the reason that I'm describing the lined cat coat with a technique that results in no exposed seams. This is a bit strange to do and without photos impossible to describe.

Cheers,
Christel Dekker ❤️
100% of sales on Wollyonline are donated to Wollyonline Kitten Club

You Might Also Like

0 comments