Introducing Anita, our 2nd Wollyonline Team Member

3:23:00 AM


Let's meet our 2nd Wollyonline Team Member, Anita.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Hi, I'm a 53 years old stay-at-home grand mom. Married and mother of 3 grownup children. I love to sew and create lovely things out of fabric and yarn. This makes me happy and is also some sort of therapy ha-ha. I started  to follow lessons at sewing school to perfect my skills and stay awake for the present.

How old were you when you started sewing?
I was 10 years old when I sewed my first doll dress.

What started your sewing career?
My mom was a certified seamstress.

What was the first thing you made?
The first things were some pieces of dolls underwear.

What are your favorite things to sew?
My most favorite things to sew are dolls and their clothes. And second clothes for myself and my granddaughters.

What would you love to never ever sew again?
Things for others that don't connect to my style or theirs. Or things that don't make me feel right.

Who is/are the main recipient(s) of your sewn items?
My 2 girls love what I make for them and their dolls. And little birthday presents or baby shower presents are also fun to make.

What is something that you always wanted to make but haven’t yet?
A suit for my husband or son.

What was your biggest sewing project to date?
A baptism dress for my kids out of my own wedding dress.

What was the most important sewing project to date?
Various pieces to dress a family crib for a friend of mine.

What were the last things you finished?
A dress for myself. And the little red riding hood cape for my granddaughter.

Were you happy with the result?
Yes, I was very happy.

What was the last thing you had to throw out because it failed desperately?
Another dress.

Could it have been saved?
Probably yes but I wasn't happy with the result. The changes I made were clearly visible.

What was your first sewing machine?
An old Singer treadle machine. Not an electric one.

What machines(s) do you use these days?
I use 2 Singer machines: a Light one and a heavier one. And a Baby Lock.

Which on is your favorite?
The Light one.

What other crafts do you do?
I love to knit and crochet too. And I love to create Waldorf dolls and cuddly toys.

Groetjes,
Anita
--------------------

Don't forget I'm still looking for Team Members : )
Please click the link at the top of the blog if you would like to join.

Cheers,
Christel

You Might Also Like

0 comments