Introducing Kirsten, our 4th Wollyonline Team Member

2:41:00 AM


How wonderful, it's time to meet our 4th Wollyonline Team Member, Kirsten.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I am Kirsten, 43 years old, married with Kees and mother of 4 kids: 3 boys and 1 girl in the ages between 8 an 17. I am always busy when my work here at home is ready. Then I am sewing at my dining table or I crochet or knit at the couch in the evening. Since 2006 I sell doll clothing at my website Vera Poppenmode. During all these years I have sold about 1350 complete sets! All made with the patterns of Wollyonline!

How old were you when you started sewing?
I think I was about 10 years old.

What started your sewing career?
My mother sewed a lot of clothes for my sister and me. I always thought: "I would like to do that too!"

What was the first thing you made?
I first sewed a little dress or skirt for my Barbie doll. First by hand, later on with the sewing machine of my mother

What are your favorite things to sew?
When my 4 children were under 4 years old, I sewed clothes for them. When my daughter got her first doll I started making doll clothes … they are my favorite things to sew since then. Later on I started to make home decorations like cushions or buntings and bags/shoppers

What would you love to never ever sew again?
I really don’t love to repair clothes.

Who is/are the main recipient(s) of your sewn items?
I sell my creations at my doll clothing website or homemade website. Or I give them away as presents at (birthday) party’s.

What is something that you always wanted to make but haven’t yet?
I would like to make a (genuine of fake) leather bag someday

What was your biggest sewing project to date?
I am not sure it was the biggest, but I was really proud of the 3 dolls with clothes I sewed last spring.


What was the most important sewing project to date?
The most important projects are always those I make for my family and friends for their birthdays or other occasions.

What was the last thing you finished?
My last finished project was a linen shopper (with zipper) with a piping edge. I decorated it with a large crochet mandala, which I made in France during our summer holidays.

Were you happy with the result?
Yes, very happy! The colors of the mandala are so bright and look fantastic on the dark blue shopper. The handles, which I made from fabric and rope, have really succeeded as well.

What was the last thing you had to throw out because it failed desperately?
I wanted to make a cover for a book from oilcloth but my sewing machine made a really big mess of the seams.

Could it have been saved?
I removed the ugly seams and when I tried again it looked a little better, so I saved it ... I will make a new one sometime and hope it will succeed.

What was your first sewing machine?
My first machine was a Toyota. It was a gift from my parents when I was graduated as a teacher.

What machines(s) do you use these days?
I use my Singer 7422 sewing machine and my Happylock 2000DSA lock machine.

What other crafts do you do?
If I could, I would do them all but my favorites are crochet, knitting and of course sewing. My crochet cuddle toys, bags, buntings, etc, creations are being sold on my other website: Hip Homemade

And I love to do my sports: cycling/spinning, ice-speed skating and inline skating. So never a dull moment for me….

Groetjes,
Kirsten
Vera Poppenmode
Hip Homemade

You Might Also Like

0 comments