Introducing Marij, our 5th Wollyonline Team Member

3:14:00 AM

I'm happy to introduce our 5th Wollyonline Team member Marij : )

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Marij, I'm 57 years old and I live in Uden.

How old were you when you started sewing?
I think I was about 12 years old.

What started your sewing career?
The Pfaff treadle machine from my mother. At first I followed the lines on a newspaper, sewing without thread and after that I knew how the machine worked!!

What was the first thing you made?
A dusting cloth from a old sheet.

What are your favorite things to sew?
Now clothes for dolls. Years ago I made clothes for my children en myself.

What would you love to never ever sew again?
Curtains. And clothes for adults. For children it's so much fun to make clothes.

Who is/are the main recipient(s) of your sewn items?
The little children in the family love my doll clothes.

What is something that you always wanted to make but haven’t yet?
I would love to work a couple of days in the studio of a great fashion designer!!!!!

What was your biggest sewing project to date?
My curtains.

What was the most important sewing project to date?
The clothes for my children. And most the dresses for my daughter.

What was the last thing you finished?
Pillowcases for the sofa in the living room.

Were you happy with the result?
Yes, they look lovely.

What was the last thing you had to throw out because it failed desperately?
A dress for myself.

Could it have been saved?
Ooh no

What was your first sewing machine?
For myself a Singer.

What machines(s) do you use these days?
A Singer

Which on is your favourite?
It's my second machine in 35 years, there is not a real difference.

What other crafts do you do?
I love to knit and crochet also for dolls. I also enjoy walking and going for a ride on my bicycle.

Groetjes,
Marij

You Might Also Like

0 comments