Introducing Mijntje, our 9th Wollyonline Team Member

12:00:00 AM

Isn't it just wonderful? We are almost at 10 team members! So without further ado, here is Mijntje!

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Mijntje and I am 32 years old. I have three children, two daughters and a son.

How old were you when you started sewing?
I was about ten years old. My mother taught me how to sew.

What started your sewing career?
Making clothes for Barbie Dolls. My mother had a room full of fabric and wool so there were enough materials to work with. I think that made me creative.

What was the first thing you made?
A Barbie Doll skirt.

What are your favorite things to sew?
Clothes for my children and dolls clothes.

What would you love to never ever sew again?
Anything for Barbie Dolls. It is to small too handle for me.

Who is/are the main recipient(s) of your sewn items?
My children again.

What is something that you always wanted to make but haven’t yet?
A nice dress for myself, and boys clothes for a doll.

What was your biggest sewing project to date?
It is not very big, but I made a short pair of trousers for my daughter, it was a lot of work with many pockets, but it turned out very well. And I was very happy with the outcome.

What was the most important sewing project to date?
I could not mention one thing especially. But I made a little quilt once and I was very proud of it. I was about 17 years old.

What was the last thing you finished?
A Baby BORN dress and trousers.

Were you happy with the result?
Very happy.

What was the last thing you had to throw out because it failed desperately?
A Barbie Doll jacket. I threw it away because is was too small to handle.

Could it have been saved?
No, it was too small and I was ready to throw it away.

What was your first sewing machine?
A Husqvarna Viking

What machines(s) do you use these days?
Still a Husqvarna but this one is modern and has a computer.

Which on is your favourite?
My new Husqvarna, but I still have the old one and it is still working, occasionally I use the old machine.

What other crafts do you do?
I have many hobbies: I sew, crochet, knit and so on. Working in the garden is also something I like to do. But crocheting and knitting are my biggest hobbies.

Groetjes,
Mijntje

You Might Also Like

0 comments